Friday, November 15, 2013

Let Me Help You Fight Green Fatigue

Despite how it sounds, green fatigue does not refer to a particular style of clothing, nor does it indicate a distaste for broccoli.  Green fatigue is what many people suffer these days because they are overwhelmed by the amount of green claims by companies and products, and they don't know how to measure or verify the positive effects.  Without reliable, easy-to-understand data, people can be hesitant to make commitments to green products or lifestyle changes.

I, too, was confused and overloaded until I saw the light - a green, softly glowing light, like Oz in the distance.  I've just earned the National Association of REALTORS® GREEN Designation, and I'm excited to begin employing my knowledge to help my clients learn how to integrate sustainability into their real estate decisions and their lives.

Sustainability just means a way of life that allows the current generation to fill its needs without compromising future generations' ability to do the same.  It's about saving money and resources, discovering innovative approaches to energy efficiency, creating healthy indoor and outdoor air quality, developing new green jobs, and ensuring our country's energy independence.  A balance of People, Planet and Prosperity.

It's funny; I've encountered people who roll their eyes at the words "green" or "sustainable," but when you are able to discuss the details and implications of those choices they are usual in agreement with the intentions and results.  I'll be making it a goal of this blog to sift through and discuss the huge amount of choices and information out there, while I learn the best ways to incorporate sustainable practices in my own business and personal life.  More than half of the Millennial Generation (those born between 1981-2000) believe that humans have caused global warming and feel a responsibility to do things differently than previous generations.  Sustainability is not a passing fad, it's what we must learn how to do for our own well-being and success.


I would love to help you with your real estate journey. 
Please contact me at 303-917-7143 or robbin@stauferteam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment